Thursday, September 27, 2007

Highlights of progress

That schedule has been pushed aside more than I had planned. It's all thanks to my week 4 paper in the second seminar of graduate school. I think this term's materials seem harder to pull good data from, but then again, historians seem to prefer tossing anecdotes than using actual data that we can perform statistical tests on. (At least in ancient history. I'm not sure how many studies have been done on modern conflicts.)

But I have seen two signs of success since the last post. I got my first check as a writer! It didn't matter that it wasn't much. I now have something to frame - after I copy it - and then deposit. What a great thing to come home to after a long day at work. And today I turned in another article for That Other Paper. It seem that we're the only Austin source to cover Banned Books Week. I thought freedom of speech was important around here! Does anyone know what the deal is?

No comments: